Tuesday, October 6, 2009

First Day Back with the Kids

I saw the kids today for the first time in two weeks. I had mixed emotions. I had enjoyed my break from them, yes because they are so exhausting, my own personal birth control but I did also miss their smiling faces and their almost innocence. So I came into it not knowing really what to expect. I came in earlier than I used to because normally by the time I get there, they are already working on homework if they have any. Today they were all eating and I got a chance to catch up with them and see how their breaks were. The responses I got were all very vague from “I slept” to “I ate” which I found strange but I’m learning not to question and just go with it. I was asked about my ring again today, if I was married etc. I’ve only been going there for the past two months (I think) you’d think they would have gotten the message at this point but apparently not.

Anyways, today I mostly helped my favourite, Liam because he apparently didn’t do some class work for whatever reason. He had to write six sentences about spring. I just helped with spelling but I was really impressed with his sentence stating that most animals are born in the spring. I just thought it was a very thoughtful sentence. After helping him, I listened to him read a few pages in his “reader” (that’s what they call books here or at least the ones that the children have to read). Then I went outside and watched the kids play for a bit before returning inside because the weather got cold today and it’s supposed to be summer!

Then I was coaked outside by Chloe because she wanted me to get some berries from the mulberry tree which of course was not a good idea because as soon as she asked me, a bunch of other kids also begged me to get them berries. So I got some one for each child and then sat down with Moo Moo who was being her crazy self as usual. She braided my hair and asked me if I was married (again) and when I replied that I wasn’t, she wanted to know why. So I asked the same question: are you married? She said no because she was small. Well, I’m small too I replied. Kids are crazy, asking a million and one questions.

I got cold again so I went inside and talked with Ester who had forgotten the African dress she was bringing for my mom. I had actually forgotten about it. She offered last Tuesday that she would bring in this dress that she’d only wore once for my mom. She said so that way everyday my mom wears it, I will think of her which I thought was so sweet. She promised to bring it on Friday. So this is just a little update on today, I know I’ve been bad lately about my blog, I will try to get back into the swing of doing it everyday like I used to. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment