Tuesday, August 11, 2009

lost.... and not found

Yesterday was Woman’s Day and not a very good day for me. It started out fine. I finished my crack granola and Joe called wanting to go to Cavendish but first Amanda and I had to go to the hardware store to get her room key. We tried the locksmith first but they were closed for the holiday. Luckily the hardware store was opened and had what we wanted. Once we got back to the house, we just chilled and then Joe called saying that he was going golfing. It should be noted that it was windy as hell yesterday and slightly stormy. But that’s Joe for you. He loves golf. He asked if we would join but I decided against it. The weather didn’t exactly have me wanted to go try golfing for four hours and I learned that golf has a halftime. Who knew? I know I didn’t. Apparently back home, there are 18 holes and at the end of the ninth, it’s “halftime” but here there are 20 so at the end of the tenth you get “halftime.”

I spent the day doing nothing really. Adam came over and we walked to Café Sophia and I got my beloved Chai tea. So good! Then we went to Pick n Pay and that’s where everything went downhill. Well ok not really, I got a bunch of groceries because I was low on a lot of things so I stocked up but when I got home a reached into my pocket I couldn’t find my debit card. I searched high and low. Looked through all my groceries, all my pockets, all over the floor and even walked outside to see if it was on the brick walkway….nothing. so I call Adam hoping that for some reason he hadn’t but he offered to walk all the way back to Pick n Pay to look for it (such a good friend, thanks Adam). My eyes were glued to ground searching for the debit card but nothing. We even went into the Pick n Pay and I talked to the manager to see if perhaps someone had found it there. No luck. So we walked back, me still searching the ground for that glint of blue that is my debit card….and still no luck.

So I went back to the house, tore up my room, took all my groceries out of the fridge, the freezer and the cabinets…and still no luck. At this point, I decide to call Sir William (it fits). He is not really a help. He asks if I’ve searched everywhere (no, Will I looked in my pocket saw it wasn’t there and called you….I mean, really). I’m sorry but when something like this happens it never puts me in a good mood. I mean, really it’s fine. The short story is no luck finding it today either which in fact wouldn’t have helped regardless because I called my dad yesterday and we cancelled. I’ll get another card….soon I hope. Loren sent me a letter about 2 and ½ weeks ago and it’s still not her so who knows? Luckily, I have my mom’s credit card in case of emergencies such as these so I’ll be fine until then. The only real problem is that I have about $5 worth in cash. It won’t get be far. It’s especially a problem for the taxis…they only take cash. Oh well, it’s replaceable. It’s just a hassle. Yeah this fact didn’t stop me from freaking out. Well, in fact it wasn’t losing the debit card that made me upset it was just the being unable to contact both my boyfriend and my dad when I really needed their support. It has nothing to do with them. It’s just the internet here is so moody. Sometimes it works fine and other times it’s impossible to do the simplest thing and on top of losing my debit card, I just lost it. I do that. I need to get better at it, but I haven’t figured that out yet. Though I have discovered things I do to help. I eat not crazy amounts but I hadn’t eaten since lunch and it was around dinner time when I discovered I was missing the debit card so I was searching for it, trying to take care of everything before eating…not a good idea. I’m especially cranking without food. So I made so banging ass tuna with a boiled egg like Nana used to make. That and watching Scrubs cheered me up. So yeah, that was yesterday. Today was better but I’ll write about that later. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment