Thursday, July 9, 2009

Kirstenbosch

I also forgot to talk about Kirstenbosch which is apparently the largest botantical garden in the world. It puts the St. Louis botanical garden to shame, but I guess, I shouldn’t complain because it is free. In any case, it was beautiful. You have the mountains towering above you on one side and if you climb high enough, you can see a good portion of the city below. Of course, I took tons of pictures which I’ll post when I can to facebook. There were so many cool plants that I’d never seen before.

Best of all there were all sorts of people there. All with great accents, lots of British accents actually, which doesn’t really surprise me since the British at one time settled in South Africa. But still, it was also in other ways surprising because when I initially think of South Africa, I think of the black South Africans and Afrikaans. But of course, South Africa is much more complex than that and that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment