Tuesday, July 7, 2009

On the plane from Amsterdam to Cape Town

I'm about to start an twelve hour journey to Cape Town. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand it. Thankfully, I got to talk to Loren for about an hour and he made me feel better.

I haven't slept well lately. The night beofre I left the country (Saturday night) I barely slept. Now it's Monday morning (because of the time change) and I have yet to catch up on sleep. I'm exhausted. I'm hoping I'll get some sleep on the way to Cape Town, but who knows? I tried sleeping on the flight to Amsterdam and that failed miserably.

This plane is pretty nice. Not as big as the last one but it has indiviaul TVs which is nice. To get to my seat I had to walk through first class which was cruel and unusal punishment because they have so much space up there. It's crazy.

Let's recount the flight to Amsterdam. I was scared for the first hour or so. the thought of being in the air over the ocean for so long gave me pause but after a while the mind normalizes it and it becomes just another place, except for the fact that I feel utterly crushed into a very small space. I haven't really exercised since Wednesday and it's driving me a bit insane. Hopefully, Tuesday I'll be able to do something. I'm really nervous that I'll get to Cape Town and end up alone. Once I get there it'll be time to sleep. I hope I'll be able to.

But back to the flight, there was lots of snacks and drinks and stuff which was nice because I was very hungry when I got on. I had chicken and rice and we also got breakfast. It was all good.

There was a lot of tv shows like the Simpsons and Everybody hates Chris on which surprised me I figured there'd be a foreign film or something. Insted they played 17 Again with Zack Efron which I enjoyed because he's got a nice bod. I wasn't sure if I liked the storyline at first. It was about this guy who was really disappointed with his decision to not go to college and play basketball and instead choosing to marry his gf who happened to be pregnant. But of course, it all worked out well. He realized when he turned 17 again that he would have choosen her all over again (awww). It was cute and reminded me of Loren and what a great guy he is. I feel so lucky, but I won't lie. I'm nervous about these next 4 1/2 months without him. I'm hoping it'll all work out though as long as I just take it one day at a time. Plus now I feel better since Jamie also has a boyfriend back home....

I was able to get some sleep off and on. We're about to land and I'm really nervous. I can't believe I'm here. I'm hoping everything will be find and I'll be able to get my luggage and everything. The flight went pretty well. Long but since I slept so often it didn't seem so bad. I'm hoping that I'll be able to sleep tonight. I feel exhausted and anxious. I was just watching Doubt but since we're landing I wasn't able to finish. It's an interesting story. I wish I could finish. Well, we're about to land so I better go. Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment