Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mean Green

Well, this is frustrating. I tried to access my bank account online for the first time in a while so of course I forget the online ID. I go through the usual steps to get that information but after several attempts, I gave up. So I decide to call the bank. Bad decision after I almost get the whole situation resolve (the bank has a hold on my account because of all the overseas transactions) my cell phone runs out of minutes. Wonderful. So then Jamie suggests calling my parents for help, which of course is a good idea. But first I decide to try one more time to call the bank via Skype. Also a bad decision. For whatever reason I couldn’t figure out how to type in my account number and saying it didn’t work either. So I hang up and finally call my dad. The bank apparently had already called the house about this issue but for whatever reason my parents didn’t resolve. Basically, my dad’s going to try to resolve since all my attempts have failed. I’m hoping to get this resolved soon because I have money but not as much as I’d liked to and of course since my account is on hold I won’t be able to transfer or withdrawal any funds. It’s funny how something so simple like getting money is such a huge overdeal. Oh well, it was to be expected. Luckily, I’m not freaking out that much and my dad supposed to e-mail within the hour with information on what happened. Hopefully, this’ll all work itself out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment