Friday, July 10, 2009

Technology

I’m not sure if I’ve talked about this yet, but it bares mentioning. Its strange how basic things like electricity is different here. Electricity isn’t paid for by the month or even by the year like in the US. Its pay-as-you-go which is actually how a lot of things are paid for in this country. Of course, I’m used to hearing about pay-as-you-go phones so that’s not weird. But the internet, though it’s wireless, is also pay-as-you-go which kinda sucks because things like video chat or downloading anything off the internet uses a lot of your money.

Another thing that’s different is the outlets in general. It takes some getting used to but all the outlets here are grounded. So if you plug something into an outlet, you first have to turn it on. Now that I’m thinking about it, there are those in the states but not all of them like they are here. Plus all the light switches are the same switch for the outlets. So if it’s red then it’s on, if not its off, which I’m still not used to yet, since this morning I tried heating water for tea and couldn’t figure why it wasn’t working until, of course I figured it out. Anyway, I know this is kinda a random post but there are so many things to write about some times I think I’ll write by subject instead a stream of thoughts because often there’s tangents and don’t talk about what I actually wanted to write about. The point is I’m trying something new with this whole blog thing and I’m not sure if I like my writing thus far. I’m sure I’ll get the hang out it eventually. Much love J

No comments:

Post a Comment